There is a good piece of news for the residents of Punjab. Now, they can get online applications for arms licenses in Punjab quickly because the provincial government has opened the online application process. The people in Punjab can apply for arms licences under Punjab Arms Rules 2023. All the eligible people in Punjab can obtain personal, institutional, security corporations, and business arms licenses for non-prohibited bore weapons.
Arms licences for security companies
All the security companies that are officially registered in Punjab or those engaged in extensive operations are entitled to apply for arms licenses.
Arms license for business
Arms license for business will also be issued to individuals or legal entities who meet the eligible criteria. These licenses will cover all types of manufacturing, restoring, and dealerships for the sale, purchase, or storage of arms, ammunition, or military stores.
No need of permit
Moreover, people who already have an arms license do not need to have a separate permit for carrying their weapons in a concealed manner.
Arms licenses fee
The government has increased the arms licenses fee, and now, to have the licenses in Punjab, you need to pay Rs20,000 to Rs.50,000.
Eligibility Criteria for Arms licenses
As per the new rules applying for arms licenses in Punjab, the applicant needs to fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- Arms licenses will be given to a person for personal protection or sports.
- Applicants must be residents of Pakistan and have a valid CNIC.
- Have a Punjab domicile.
- Must be 20 years of age.
- A person should be a tax filer
- No previous criminal record.
- Applicant must not be a fugitive or convicted by any court of law.
- The person should not be a member of any illegal organization or involved in any anti-state activity.
How to apply for online arms licences in Punjab?
- You can download the application form online or visit the D.C. Office or
- the Ministry of Interior to get a form.
- Fill up the arms license form accurately.
- Attach the photocopy of CNIC, two recent passport-size
- photographs, a copy of the NTN Certificate (for taxpayers only), and a
- Certificate of Profession/Services (if valid).
- Applicant needs to get the verification from the Police Station, DSP, and S.P. concerned on the Arms License Form.
- The applicant needs to appear before D.C. with a copy of CNIC.
- The Deputy Commissioner (DC) will order the issuance of an Arms License on the form.
- Applicant needs to paste the Rs. 2000/- ticket for the Arms License Form.
- You need to submit the forms to the Arms Licensing Issuing Branch in the D.C. Office.
- The applicant will get a copy of the license and then will buy an arm from an arms dealer.
- Renewal of the entry will be made annually at the post office with a fee.
You can check the list of District arms license Centers here.