Saudi Arabia has banned the entrance of the Umrah pilgrim and tourists into the kingdom due to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
In a recent statement issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the Kingdom stated that they had been following developments of the virus for some time. Saudi Arabia has banned religious pilgrims from visiting Mecca or Medina to prevent the spread of coronavirus. All the Umrah pilgrims are not allowed to enter into the kingdom.
Saudi authorities also ban tourist visas from citizens of countries in Coronavirus outbreak. It is a temporary ban on entry for Umrah pilgrims in Saudi Arabia. Saudi authorities also banned tourist visas from citizens of countries in the Coronavirus outbreak. According to the details, the Saudi government has imposed temporary bans on admissions to the holy sites for Umrah and pilgrims.
According to the reports the move has been taken in the wake of the Coronavirus outbreak.
On the other hand Saudi Arabia has also warned its citizens to beware of unnecessary trips to Turkey. The government has been also decided not to issue tourist visas to citizens of countries affected by the Coronavirus.
According to further details, a Saudi Foreign Ministry statement said on Thursday that Saudi Arabia has banned entry into the country for those wishing to visit the Prophet’s Mosque or perform Umrah in Medina, because of fear of the spread of the Coronavirus.
Not only the pilgrims but the tourist visas have been banned from all countries where there is a risk of spreading the Coronavirus.
It should be noted that around 70 million pilgrims come to Saudi Arabia every year to perform Umrah, the majority of which enter the country through the airports of Jeddah and Medina.
The Saudi Foreign Ministry has also warned all flights flying from Pakistan not to bring any Pakistani citizen to perform Umrah in Mecca or to visit the Roza e Rasool in Medina.
The Kingdom confirms that these procedures are temporary, and is subject to incessant evaluation by the competent authorities.
Coronavirus in Pakistan:
On Wednesday, Pakistan has reported its first two cases of coronavirus, Special Assistant to PM on Health Dr Zafar Mirza confirmed.
220/ I can confirm first two cases of corona virus in Pakistan. Both cases are being taken care of according to clinical standard protocols & both of them are stable. No need to panic, things are under control. I will hold press conf tomorrow on return from Taftan.— Zafar Mirza (@zfrmrza) February 26, 2020
“I can confirm first two cases of coronavirus in Pakistan. Both cases are being taken care of according to clinical standard protocols & both of them are stable,” Dr Mirza wrote on Twitter.
He also said that there was “no need to panic [as] things are under control”
221/ No need to panic about #Coronavirus but be careful and act responsibly! Remember, 97% cases of Coronavirus fully recover. Please share widely this PUBLUC SERVICE MESSAGE pic.twitter.com/iz76JCZn7b— Zafar Mirza (@zfrmrza) February 26, 2020