Try Some Delicious Strawberry Recipes in Strawberry Season. Nowadays it’s strawberry season so why don’t you try some different recipes with fresh and full of nutrients strawberries? Delicious, rich-red, sweet strawberries are native to Europe and are low in calories and fats but a rich source of health-promoting photo-nutrients, minerals, and vitamins.
Strawberries are a source of antioxidants that is it is being used in a number of recipes such as strawberry ice cream, strawberry cake, strawberry jam jelly, syrups, squashes, and even sweets.
Health Benefits of Strawberries
There are a number of health benefits of strawberries Its use keeps humans away from many diseases. Antioxidant does not allow the amount of uric acid to be exceeded in your body and make you feel hungry. For those who do not feel hungry, use strawberries.
Strawberry is also a friend of skin. If you keep eating strawberries your skin will get its lose elasticity. You can also apply the strawberry pulp on the skin to make it look fresh and younger.
Here you can read some of the most viewed health benefits of strawberries:
- You can also apply the pulp on the puffed eyes to get relief.
- You can use its juice for a liver disorder.
- The use of daily strawberries increases immunity.
- Eating them daily reduces the chances of a heart attack.
- Strawberry is useful in getting the relief of joint pain.
- Using it can prevent cancer.
- Strawberry is very beneficial for blood pressure patients.
- It maintains the cholesterol level.
- It is helpful in digestion.
- Strawberry creates blood in the body.
- Its use lessens intestinal inflammation.
- Strawberry stops diarrhea.
- Cut the strawberry and apply it to the eyes as it will prevent dark circles.
- Strawberry makes you look young and prevent aging.
- it is also beneficial for diabetic patients.
Below are some recipes with the use of strawberries.
- Strawberries 1 kg
- Sugar 2 cups
- Lemon Juice 2 tablespoon
- A Glass Container for Storage
Washout all the strawberries and remove the leaves. Now crushed them well. Add the puree in the pan and then add 2 cups of sugar, lemon juice and put on the flame. Continuously stir it until it gets a thick shape. Put off the flame and let the jam cool for few minutes. Now pour into the glass container and let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
Your jam is now ready to use and can be stored in the fridge for up to three weeks.
- Plain flour 2 cups
- Baking powder 1 tablespoons
- Salt 1⁄2 teaspoon
- Sugar 1/3 cup
- Chopped strawberries 1 cup
- Eggs 4
- Unsalted butter 1 cup/oil 1/2 cup
- vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
- Red food color
In a bowl add flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 cup of the sugar and mix well now add chopped strawberry, mix it again. In another bowl beat egg, milk, butter, and vanilla essence together and it gets the shape of smooth past now add the dry ingredients in it and mix well. Now pour the batter into already greased muffin tins and then sprinkle sugar on the top and place the muffin tray into an already pre-heated oven to 375°F. bake the strawberry muffins for 25 minutes.
You can also watch the video for step-by-step instructions for making the strawberry cake at home and that too without an oven.
Strawberry Ice Cream
- Whole milk 2 cups
- Heavy cream 2 cups
- White sugar 1 cups
- Salt ¼ spoon
- Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
- Mashed Strawberries 2 cup
- Red Food color 2 drops
In a large bowl add all the above-mentioned ingredients and mix well until the sugar dissolves properly. Pour the mixture into the freezer bowl and freeze approximately for 24 hours before serving.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 banana
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend for 1 minute then pour the smoothie in the glasses and serve immediately.
You can also watch the video for step-by-step instructions for making the strawberry banana smoothie at home.
For more Pakistani cooking recipes stay in touch with daytimes.pk cooking corner.